Traffic Impacts Week of June 27
- There will be intermittent lane closures in both the eastbound and westbound lanes of I-70 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday for work at Garth Avenue and Range Line Street.
- Business Loop 70/West Boulevard, all on- and off-ramps at Interstate 70 and Business Loop/West Boulevard and the south outer road (I-70 Drive) remain closed to allow for replacing the I-70 bridge over the business loop and building a dual-lane roundabout on the south side of Business Loop 70.
- I-70 traffic is detoured onto the Business Loop ramps.
- The new I-70 bridge at Business Loop will be slid into place on either June 27 or 28.
- Here’s a time-lapse video showing how much work was completed at Business Loop in just the first week: Watch video
For more information or to sign up for weekly e-mail updates, visit the project website at: www.modot.org/ColumbiaBridges
U.S. Route 50/63 at Lafayette Returns to Normal Traffic Patterns
Westbound Clark Avenue On Ramp Reopened
Scheduled Work During the Week of June 27 (please note that all activities and schedules are weather permitting): Contractors will be installing drainage structures along Lafayette St. and preboring for the piling on the north abutment of Jackson St.
NOTE: There will be periodic lane closures in the driving lane of eastbound and westbound Route 50/63 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, June 26 thru Saturday, July 2 from Monroe Street to Chestnut Street.
Helpful Links :
Lafayette Interchange Website
Prep Work to Begin on I-70 Lamine River Bridges Project
Project Will Have Major Impact on I-70 Travel Later This Summer
Work to repair the eastbound and westbound Interstate 70 bridges over the Lamine River west of Boonville began May 31.
Motorists will encounter nightly lane closures on and near the bridge from 6 p.m. until 6 a.m. until early July. One lane of I-70 in each direction will be open at all times. Contractors will be working under the bridge and will be building crossovers for use later this summer when the work will require full bridge closures. (MORE)
Lamine River Bridge Repairs Webpage
MoDOT Offers Tips for Roundabout Driving
With the opening of the double roundabout interchange at Interstate 70 and Range Line Street in Columbia and roundabouts still to be built at I-70 and Business Loop, MoDOT is offering information on driving roundabouts. (MORE)
Here's an animated video showing how the traffic flow works at the new Range Line interchange:
New Rangeline Interchange - video animation
Missouri River Bridge Painting and Repairs
The westbound Route 54/63 bridge over the Missouri River in Jefferson City remains closed for painting and general maintenance until late August.
The eastbound bridge has been restriped to carry two lanes of eastbound and two lanes of westbound traffic. Speed limits on and near the bridge are reduced.
In addition to the bridge closure, the following access ramps are now closed:
- All access ramps from Route 54/63 to and from West Main Street;
- The eastbound on-ramp from McCarty St. to Route 54/63; and
- The westbound on-ramp from Route W to Route 54/63.
Tools Available to Help Bridge Commuters
MoDOT offers a
a variety of tools to help bridge commuters stay informed. (MORE)
Westbound Missouri River Bridge Maintenance Webpage
If you would like to receive periodic email updates on this project, please enter your email address below:
Gans Creek Outer Road Bridge Replacement is Underway in Columbia
Work to replace the Gans Creek bridge on the Route 63 Outer Road in Boone County is underway. The outer road will be closed between Discovery Parkway and South Brock Rogers Road until early September to accommodate the bridge replacement.
The access point to the outer road from Route 63 just north of Bonne Femme Church Road will also be closed until the new bridge is completed. (MORE)